Episode 8 – Sarah Outen – Dare to Do: Taking on the Planet by Bike and Boat
Sarah Outen joins the show to share stories from her new book Dare to Do: Taking on the Planet by Bike and Boat. Then I check in on our new tip line to see what tips listeners have for first time PNW bike commuters. After that, I chat two cycling friends about riding in the Seattle area, and finally I look at the Event of the Week.
If you enjoy the show, please take a minute to give us a review in iTunes or Google Play. Reviews help the show grow which will allow me to cover even more cycling events in Western Washington. Best of all, it’s free to leave a 5 star rating!
Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
The Group Ride Podcast (thegroupride.com)
Episode 008 (thegroupride.com/Episode08)
Hosted by Wes Salmon
Released April 13th, 2017
In this episode …
- Interview: Journalist, author and adventurer Sarah Outen
- Sarah and I discuss her new book, Dare to Do: Taking on the Planet by Bike and Boat
- Guest: Sarah Outen (More info …)
- The Group Ride Tip Line
- To help listeners engage with the show (and get on the air!), I’ve created The Group Ride Podcast Tip Line.
- The topic for this week is: What is the most important tool in your saddle bag?
- Leave your tip at (206) 651-4161 or email your voice clip to email@example.com
- The Group Ride Round Table
- I sit down with Z-Dog and Thomas to chat about commuting in Seattle, how to deal with animals on the trail, and how to recognize drivers who don’t see you.
- Event of The Week
- I’m changing the format of this segment of the show for the summer. I will now focus on one event per week rather than 3-5 each week. You can always track down all the events at the Event Calendar.
- Event of The Week: Seward Park Thursday Night Cycling Series
Intro and Outro music created by Wes Salmon
About The Show
For feedback on The Group Ride Podcast, send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to thegroupride.com/podcastfeedback.
For questions about sponsorships or partnering with the show, go to thegroupride.com/about/sponsors-and-partnerships/
If you would like to contribute to the show, please contact us at thegroupride.com/about/contribute-to-the-show/
(c) 2017 – The Group Ride Podcast – Wes Salmon
The Group Ride Podcast by Wes Salmon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.