The Group Ride Episode 16 – From Seward Park Crits to the World Tour, and a Banana Bike
Professional racer Kiel Reijnen joins the show to talk about life in the UCI World Tour as part of the Trek-Segafredo team. Then I explain why it’s not a great idea to dwell on the GoPro footage of your commutes. Finally I catch up with the rider of what many call the Banana Bike.
The Group Ride Podcast (thegroupride.com)
Episode 16 (thegroupride.com/16)
Hosted by Wes Salmon
Released June 8th, 2017
In this episode …
- Interview with UCI World Tour Pro Kiel Reijnen from the Trek-Segafredo team
- Guest: Kiel Reijnen (@kielreijnen)
- Why dwelling on all the close calls captured on your GoPro isn’t such a great idea
- Wes discusses the pitfalls of capturing HD footage of all of your commutes and then sifting through them finding more reasons to be angry about drivers.
- WSDOT Director Roger Millar wrote a great email to all staff recently that should give cyclists new hope that change is coming to our transportation system
- Interview with Wing-him Li and his amazing Velomobile
- Guest: Wing-him Li
- The Group Ride Club
- The end of May is here and the first set of Group Ride Club rewards have been tallied. Stickers and T-shirts will be sent out in June.
- If you missed out on this month, sign up today for The Group Ride Club at TheGroupRide.com/club/
- #IBikePNW Giveaway
- Between May 19th and June 21st, listeners of The Group Ride Podcast are invited to show off the beauty of cycling in the Pacific Northwest on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to win a pair of weekend passes to The Gigantic Bicycle Festival in Snoqualmie Washington, August 18th-20th 2017.
- It’s easy to enter, just post your favorite Pacific Northwest cycling photo to Twitter or Instagram and mention @TheGroupRidePod with the hashtag #IBikePNW. Each week I will be randomly selecting a winner who will receive a pair of weekend passes to The Gigantic Bicycle Festival.
- For full details on how to enter, go to TheGroupRide.com/IBikePNW.
- Congratulations to the Week 3 winner … boogiestudio22
About The Show
Host: Wes Salmon
Executive Producer: Wes Salmon
Producer: Summer Salmon
Writers: Wes Salmon, Summer Salmon
Music: Wes Salmon
Graphic Design: Wes Salmon
Audio Production: Wes Salmon
Photography: Wes Salmon
(c) 2017 – The Group Ride Podcast – Wes Salmon
The Group Ride Podcast by Wes Salmon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Latest posts by Wes Salmon (see all)
- The Group Ride Episode 29 – Wes crashes and rambles about it for 40 minutes - April 21, 2018
- The Group Ride Episode 28 – Crashing my mountain bike and getting lucky - October 5, 2017
- The Group Ride Episode 27 – Biking in LA with Ted Rogers - September 21, 2017